Stevie Nicks Pays Tribute To Betty Ford

Stevie Nicks Pays Tribute To Betty Ford

Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac, was one of the first people to pay tribute to Betty Ford after she passed away. Nicks is one of many stars who have benefited from Bettys addiction rehabilitation clinic others include Aerosmith front man Steven Tyler and Frasier star Kelsey Grammer.

Stevie Nicks has now opened up further claiming that the ex-wife of American President Gerald Ford was primarily responsible for saving her life. She said: As far as Im concerned, Betty Ford DID save my life. I went to Betty Ford at the end of 1985 for cocaine addiction. In those days, she would actually come to speak at Betty Ford two or three times a month, so I got to hear her tell the whole story on just the pressure of being in politics, being married to a famous politician and getting addicted to whatever it was she was addicted to.

Nicks went on to say: So God bless her, and I hope shes up there with Gerald Ford, looking down on all of us. Her facility is good, and its working, and it was time for her to go. She was fragile.

Ill miss her. I didnt know her, but I did get to spend a few minutes with her, and I did get to watch her speak two or three times, so Im glad that I was able to do that.

Image credit to WENN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ashton Kutcher Drops Demi Moore on Twitter More Confirmation Its Over

DC Real Housewife Michaele Salahi Rents in Beverly Hills - Eagle-Tribune